Keeping healthy levels of Nitric Oxide is essential as it regulates blood flow and pressure. In the present competition of getting a muscular and ripped body, most men don’t release the difference in NO levels.
While you age, your arteries may get covered with atherosclerosis and scar tissues. This can lower your nitric oxide levels and you feel terrible.
However, it is very difficult to maintain healthy levels of nitric oxide due to many reasons, most commonly, aging.
Let’s take a look on ways to increase and maintain healthy levels of Nitric Oxide. Before that, take a look at the benefits of Nitric Oxide to your body.
Nitric Oxide Benefits
The benefits of Nitric Oxide are not just to create pump, it holds a lot more than that.
- Nitric Oxide can prevent cardiovascular disease by helping to relax artery walls, dilates the vessels and increase blood flow.
- NO can improve cognitive functioning and reduce brain decline by increasing blood flow.
- Nitric Oxide can improve sex drive and libido, motivating frequent erections.
- NO can improve workout performance by circulating more oxygen and nutrients in your veins.
In other words, nitric oxide can make body function healthy. It helps oxygen, nutrients and red blood cells to reach targeted cells and tissues faster.
Now that you know the benefits of Nitric Oxide take a look on ways to boost Nitric Oxide.
Ways To Increase Nitric Oxide
Here are some of the ways that you can try for natural nitric oxide production:
- Sunlight: Early morning sunlight is very beneficial for the skin to produce Vitamin D. Also, nitric oxide can trigger the production of nitric oxide in the body. Make sure you don’t end up sitting under the sun for hours as it might not help you. Few minutes under the early sunrise can give you enough vitamin D to increase nitric oxide. The University of Edinburgh research proved the release of nitric oxide into the bloodstream when the sunlight touches the skin.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Omega 3 fatty acids can help improve cholesterol and blood pressure that increases nitric oxide levels. The antioxidants present in it can be beneficial to lower blood clots and stroke risk. Therefore, eating omega 3 fatty acids can help increase nitric oxide dramatically.
- Ginseng: Ginseng contains ‘Ginsenosides’ that are similar to androgens. Ginseng is proved to boost testosterone, nitric oxide, sleep quality, libido, blood circulation and relax arteries. There are nitric oxide products and male enhancement supplements that help nitric oxide with the help of Ginseng. Try considering such products that have ginseng.
- Pomegranate Juice: Pomegranate juice is a great nitric oxide booster by lowering blood pressure and improve cholesterol levels. Health experts suggest drinking at least 1.7 oz of pomegranate juice to reduce IMT by approximately 35%. IMT is the thickness between the middle and inner layers of the artery. Also, pomegranate juice can be beneficial for men with improved sexual power.
- Dark Chocolate: Eating dark chocolates can have a great impact on blood pressures. Chocolates contain flavonols, the antioxidants that can increase nitric oxide levels. Some health experts believe dark chocolate can also produce nitric oxide by lower blood pressures.
- Grape Seed Extract: This extract can help increase testosterone production as it contains aromatase enzyme blocker that blocks the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. This can increase nitric oxide levels in the body. You can use grape seed extract supplements that can help you provide nitric oxide in the body.
- Garlic And Vitamin C: Vitamin C protects nitrate food to get converted into carcinogenic nitrosamines and increases nitric oxide production. On the other hand, garlic is filled with nitrates. The compound found in garlic, Quercetin, can increase the NO levels in the body. Also, garlic can effectively lower blood pressure levels.
- Icariin: This flavonoid is found in the herb named Epimedium. This herb contains aphrodisiac properties that can boost testosterone levels. Icariin is an active compound that can help produce nitric oxide dramatically. It can help combat Erectile Dysfunction as it also acts as a mild PDE-5 enzyme inhibitor.
- Daily Workout: Working out daily can improve your physique, increase testosterone hormone and nitric oxide production. Regular physical exercises can increase only when you work out for 30 minutes daily. This is the reason why if you indulge in cardio, jogging and breathing exercises, you tend to increase nitric oxide levels.
These are some of the natural and effective ways to boost nitric oxide production in a male body. Some pointers are safe and for others, you need to use them correctly to cause no complications.
Try to keep your nitric oxide levels in a safe percent by avoiding and stopping some of your unhealthy habits. Such unsafe habits and lifestyle may affect your body and reduce the nitric oxide levels.